Pages

I'm a Boston based photographer/writer/videographer. This is my blog. You also can check out my Portfolio (Joe Difazio.com) or My Twitter @JLDifazio

All photos and stories copyright Joe Difazio unless otherwise stated. Use without permission is unlawful.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tall people

Once upon a time I wrote a post about how it sucks to be tall. Well I found some pros recently. I did some research because we talked about height as an advantage in my Poli Sci classes. All information is from Wikipedia and Dr. Rossel.

~Ninety percent of Fortune 500 CEOs are of above average height.

~A number of powerful dictators have been below average height. Examples include Engelbert Dollfuss (4′11″; 1.50m), Deng Xiaoping (5′0″; 1.52m), Kim Jong Il (5′3″; 1.60m), Nikita Khrushchev (5′3″; 1.60m), Francisco Franco (5′4″; 1.63m), Joseph Stalin (5′5″; 1.65m), and Benito Mussolini (5'6"; 1.68m).

~ A white male's income for his first job out of college is directly correlated to his height

Also Presidential Elections have some height correlation-
Outcome Electoral vote winner Popular vote winner
Tallest candidate among the major parties wins 53 percent of the time 59 percent of the time
A shorter candidate wins 39 percent of the time 33 percent of the time
Winner and tallest opponent same height 8 percent of the time " "

No comments:

Post a Comment