Pages

I'm a Boston based photographer/writer/videographer. This is my blog. You also can check out my Portfolio (Joe Difazio.com) or My Twitter @JLDifazio

All photos and stories copyright Joe Difazio unless otherwise stated. Use without permission is unlawful.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Karaoke at Cosmos Bar - Little Tokyo, Los Angeles, CA

 photo A105511_023A_zpsfc0989ca.jpg
Playing it safe and singing"The 12 Days Of Christmas."
 photo A105511_019A_zpsb6f04b85.jpg  photo A105511_020A_zpsa8d339e2.jpg  photo A105511_024A_zps3c3b182f.jpg

Fun Fact: Karaoke isn't easy. Or flattering.

Also if it's your very first time don't dive in with David Bowie or Bruce Springsteen which might be obvious to everyone but me. Karaoke Bars generally have a weird, yet vast array of songs to choose from. If someone knows where I can talk to and also apply to the job for the Karaoke Song Book Keeper, please let me know. Question number one: Why is half of it in Wingdings? Question two: What is the choice process?  The Smiths: Nope. Korn: Yup. Christmas Carols: Of Course! Dragon Force: You betcha! Blink 182: Think Again.


And, whichever song you choose, as well as you think you know the words, when they start scrolling you come to the sickening realization you don't don't know the words all that well. Additionally Karaoke is expensive. Not the 4 minute choose your own adventure of embarrassment, which only costs a dollar, but the six dollar White Russians you have to pump into yourself just to walk up on that stage. To those people that can sing, or are really good at  swallowing their pride (Which I think is what Karaoke roughly translates to), my hat is off to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment