Pages

I'm a Boston based photographer/writer/videographer. This is my blog. You also can check out my Portfolio (Joe Difazio.com) or My Twitter @JLDifazio

All photos and stories copyright Joe Difazio unless otherwise stated. Use without permission is unlawful.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Deer Tick


(Picture: 11songreviews.com)

Listening to Deer Tick really lets me flesh out my whiskey-soaked alter ego, Treehouse. Treehouse lives in a shithole van with his brother Throat-Chain somewhere on Cape Cod drowning in sorrow, love-lost depression, and High Life.

John McCauley, the band's front , makes a perfect soundtrack for the life of Treehouse. McCauley croons country blues with a Winston-scratched rasp over steel guitar tinged folk rock melodies. The band sounds like they're from some dirty South Carolina backwater, but they're from Providence- go figure. It's good, sad, America music.

No comments:

Post a Comment