Pages

I'm a Boston based photographer/writer/videographer. This is my blog. You also can check out my Portfolio (Joe Difazio.com) or My Twitter @JLDifazio

All photos and stories copyright Joe Difazio unless otherwise stated. Use without permission is unlawful.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spoon and other things

1. The Spoon show at the House of Blues was pretty good. They played songs from their latest Transference and other stuff from all over their career.The bassist intrigued me the most though. He looked like hipster Dexter, smiled like Edward Scissorhands, and played like a robot. I didn't understand his deal. Deerhunter opened. They were whatever.

2. The House of Blues on Lansdowne street in Boston replaced the old Avalon ball room and Club Axis. And I am pissed about it, let me tell you. The Avalon was this skeezy place that was grimey and good. It wasn't too big and it had this rad smoking section over the Mass Pike. The Axis was its even dirtier little brother where you saw smaller acts. The House of Blues combined the two places in to this big conglomerate of corporate bull shit. with no smoking section.

No comments:

Post a Comment