Pages

I'm a Boston based photographer/writer/videographer. This is my blog. You also can check out my Portfolio (Joe Difazio.com) or My Twitter @JLDifazio

All photos and stories copyright Joe Difazio unless otherwise stated. Use without permission is unlawful.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

South Carolina.


Dear America,
I get it. Smoking is bad for me. You've convinced me that inhaling fiery tobacco and chemicals is detrimental to my health, congratulations. You've labeled me this awful stigmatized word: smoker. Again, congratulations. Are you done yet? My lovely mother just sent me an AOL article: 25 reasons to quit smoking. Not a single one of them was death or cancer. They talked about saving money on house paint because your walls will yellow. Are you guys even tired of anti-smoking ads? If you want to hit the populace maybe you should bring back those old people with throat-holes and sweet vocoders, or maybe some scary shots of old people hacking up lung butter, but please don't embarrass us.

The U.S. government makes tobacco companies pay for anti-smoking ads. Come on, if you care that much you pay for the ads. For one of my classes I have to shoot an anti-smoking editorial, as a smoker. It has become a joke, like those anti-drug commercials.

So please have some respect, bring back the throat hole people. That shit is at least scarier than paying for wall paint and having our taste buds dulled. But be careful, if you make something so uncool, it becomes cool again (i.e. fanny packs, big glasses, anything from the 80s). So what will prolly happen is you make it so uncool that all of a sudden one of these throat hole people uses their vocoder in some super sweet indie band called cowboy killer. And smoking becomes cool again. And it's 1954. And you've failed.

Whatever. So America Just sit back and relax and count the money that the outrageously high tobacco taxes gives you, and the economic stimulus that the tobacco industry provides, just give me a break. I'll quit some day. For right now I just wanna make love in this club.

No comments:

Post a Comment